How long does a session last?
- Sessions ususally last about an hour. However, newborn sessions go longer, lasting about 2.5 hours.
Where will we have the session?
- I am based in Norfolk, VA but love to travel to any location in the Hampton Roads area. Locations beyond 45 miles from Norfolk will incur a small travel fee. Also, think about having the session at your home, especially with babies and young children…they are most comfortable in their own environment.
What type of photography do you do?
- I’m a natural light photographer working with maternity clients, babies and children but also love capturing the moments a family shares together.
How far in advance should we book the session?
- To be sure you get the date that you want, contact me at least 3 weeks ahead of time for a regular session.
What about maternity and newborn sessions, when should we schedule them?
- Think about booking your maternity session for late in your seventh month or early in the eighth month. You should contact me at the latest 8-10 weeks before your due date. Newborn sessions should take place within the first 10 days after the baby is born. I recommend getting in touch to book a newborn session about 6 weeks before your due date.
How should we dress for the session and can we style it?
- We’ll talk the week of the session about the choices of clothing recommended for the feel of the session. I tell my clients to wear what you like…but keep these hints in mind: decide on a color palette. This may be driven by the location you choose and the season. Then, remember to add contrast in some of the clothing. Also, having fun accessories like cute hats, scarves, belts and other items add interest to the photos. Colorful clothing is great…just no huge stripes or big patterns. Especially try to stay away from clothing items that have brand logos on them. And white…well, it’s okay if someone is wearing it, but not everyone. Then you’d all just look like the sail of a ship. Mid-tones are much better. Also, I like to tell my clients NOT to wear big heavy, shiny watches, they detract from you in the photo. The viewer’s eye is only drawn to the shiny object. If you still just aren’t sure, feel free to call me. As for styling your session, I think it’s a great idea. It can make your session have a very custom feel. If you are interested in this option, let me know early on and we can have discussions about it.
Is there an extra fee for large parties?
- For groups of more than 8 individuals, please add an additional $25 for each extra person to the session fee.
Will we have fun or will it be all posing and cheesy smiles?
- Most of all, I want you to feel relaxed. I love talking, playing and interacting with your kids while I take their pictures. Don’t worry about whether or not they are performing and smiling for the camera…you will be amazed at what I am capturing!
How long before we see the proofs?
- It will take about 14 days to completely edit, retouch and personally handcraft each image I proof to you. When they are ready, I will call you to set up our in-person ordering session. This is when you will place your order for the prints and products you want.
How many images will we have in the proof gallery?
- I usually proof anywhere between 30-45 images for regular sessions and about 25-30 for newborn sessions.
Will we be able to see the images online?
- Yes! After your in-person ordering session, I will set up a private gallery for you on the Simply Human Pictures website. You can share this with friends and family for additional orders for 3 days.
What are your package and print prices?
- For an extensive list of products and print pricing and further policies of Simply Human Pictures, please contact me. You may reach me at 757.812.5322 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for stopping by and I hope to talk with you soon!